What is a Brand Identity Studio?
A brand identity studio plays a crucial role in helping companies develop a unique and cohesive brand image that resonates with their target audience.
What is a Brand Identity and why is it important?
A brand’s identity is how companies differentiate themselves from competitors in a crowded market. A well-defined brand identity creates a memorable and recognizable image that builds trust and fosters customer loyalty. While some people mistake a brand’s identity for just their logo, it can (and should) be so much more than that. It should be the culmination of brand voice, tone, personality, and visual representation that convey the brand's values while creating an emotional connection with its customers.
What is a Brand Identity Studio?
A brand identity studio is a team of designers, strategists, and marketers who work together to plan every aspect of a brand's identity. It starts by understanding a company’s values, target market, and unique selling proposition before even thinking about a design.
We believe that designing without knowing who you’re talking to is just shouting in a crowded room.
What does that Process Look Like?
Typically, the process for design looks similar no matter the industry. While the specifics may vary, the general steps include:
- Research and Discovery: At Commence, we start by understanding your business, target audience, competition, and market trends. We compare your strengths and weaknesses with the competition and look for the perfect place for your brand to fit.
- Strategy Development: Once we have the base research done, we move to positioning your brand in the market through strategic messaging, and visual elements.
- Concept Development: Then we work on initial design concepts that can include logo variations, color palettes, typography, and imagery.
- Refinement: We'll meet to discus the work and get your feedback. The process is a collaborative effort, and we want you to feel like it.
- Launch: Finally, we button up everything and provide
A brand identity studio plays a pivotal role in helping businesses develop a strong and distinctive brand identity. If you’re a brand looking to elevate your logo into a full-fledged identity, contact us for a discovery session today.
Q: How long does it take to develop a brand identity?
A: A brand identity with Commence Studio takes about 6-8 weeks to complete.
Q: Can a brand identity studio help with rebranding an existing business?
A: Absolutely! We can help you realign your messaging and create a more impactful identity no matter the age of your business.
Q: What is the cost of hiring a brand identity studio?
A: Costs can differ depending on involvement but our brand identity package starts at $7,500
Q: How often should a brand identity be updated?
A: While there is no set timeframe, it is recommended to periodically evaluate your brand identity to ensure it remains relevant and resonates with your target audience. Updating it every 5-10 years is a common practice.
Q: Can a small business benefit from hiring a brand identity studio?
A: Of course, brand identity studios cater to businesses of all sizes. We’ve helped businesses large and small create or refresh their brand. Check out our work here.